Easter thanksgivings

11:44 PM

Spending Easter at Brisbane this year. It's been a PRETTY busy Easter, to be honest. And after all that hype, I wanna do nothing more than hide in a book, where nobody will look for me. Good Friday also signified the start of Mid Sem break for me. (YAY to the end of 6 weeks of school, during which we had one exam) 
 Started Friday with a trip out to Ipswich with my wonderful lifegroup UQ6. In retrospect, all these bad decisions must be the reason I'm feeling terrible at the moment. Feeling super shag. (sleeping late for dim sum, waking up 4 hours later for a trek, sleeping late again, REPEATx3) And some days I sleep late for the most mundane reasons.
 Adam (our leader) gave us a ride to Ipswich on his car!!! Bless his soul. Had a nice time with the grace girls and Amelia. I like talking to Hannah because I think she is so wise. Usually whenever I talk to her, I take away something that I can chew on, ponder and reflect.
 Start of our 5km trek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGG we thought wrong, it turned out to be 7km cause we lost our way down.
 The place was beautiful! I felt like I was transported to elsewhere ♡ Alicia darling, she was super sweet... She supported me throughout because she knew I sprained my ankle oh my... Super thankful...
 Gals I met and took a picture with at the lookout.
Erm... Basically, it was an outing with life group + outreach event. I am so heartened and amazed by the fruitfulness and passion of the people! Some people bring 5 people to lifegroup event! I am amazed. In Singapore, whenever I say church event, people will be like ... Here, people are so open to learning more about the Gospel and I think the move of God is here in UQ in Brisbane! So blessed and thankful to be right here! I hope God will use me to share the Gospel with my friends too...

MY EASTER THANKSGIVING is actually the following...
The grace of God has been so evident in my life lately. I am not sure how to put this into neat proper sequences without sounding repetitive. THANK YOU JESUS. I injured my left ankle (partial ligament tears on the outside and tendon) and had to be on crutches and home rest for 3 weeks. Basically, it was torturous because my friends were climbing, attending formal dinners, events, while I had to rest my leg. Wah I cannot reiterate how crappy I felt at first because I was really excited to be at Australia.

Then again, I am sure God used this whole experience of me injuring myself for His greater purposes and to teach me something about myself. The whole time I was injured, God showed me time and again how He is my provider!!!! If I have to backtrack my memory to the day I was injured, somehow that day my senior turned up at my house unplanned and he managed to borrow crutches for me. The day I had to go to the clinic and I was hobbling with crutches because I didn't know how to use them, someone my year from Singapore who happened to be going to the gym (gym is next to the clinic) offered to help. And I've never seen him again randomly outside the area of my house ever again. ONLY THAT DAY. How good is God?

At church and on the way to class, 4 strangers saw me and prayed for me. And my housemates are the best. And recently... during Week 6, we were supposed to go to childcare centres for observational visits and we had to take public transport there ourselves. In week 5, I started to walk without crutches. By week 6 I was independent and able to go there myself... Amazing... How God just makes my path straight and helps me whenever I need it.

Going to testify about how God is soooo GOOD to me in Week 6 during child care visit, during which the scatterbrained me almost made a mess... I was anxious about the childcare visit because I really wanted to do well and give a good impression of myself and my school. So many things went wrong... I felt like a wreck :(

Firstly... I didn't have my Blue card processing email (a blue card is necessary for all these kinds of visits), which is weird because all of my friends received one because we all applied together 1 month ago!!! The childcare centre also didn't say they required it, so I didn't pursue the matter. Then, at the childcare, they requested a blue card email!!! Oh snap:( I ended having to call my uni and they sent over an email to inform the childcare. Whew.

The director informed me that the child I was supposed to observe was not here today!!! I should have called in the morning to ask about it, but I didn't... Thankfully, another parent just dropped off her child and she agreed to let me observe her child. I thought all was going to be good and the child was so cute! I had a ball of time observing her.  THEN I realised at the end of the visit, in the midst of me writing down info about the child and everything... I dropped the parent's consent form and Letter of Authorisation from my school... My face turned white as a sheet... Legit...

I was a panic of nerves because we have to submit the parent's form to our school. I was walking out of the childcare centre questioning myself and my ability to be so blur.... I got on google maps and got on a bus to uni that was waiting there.

Thank God for His favour with me and that the childcare people were so nice... They agreed to directly email the parent the letter to sign, and somehow within 3 hours, they scanned it back to me... Thank God that the parent was SO nice and willing as well... I will do my best with what I have observed with the best interest of the child at heart...

Taking the signed form in hand, having 25 minutes to go university centre to submit the form and catch the bus which only comes every hour... I went there and they accepted my form, no questions asked.... and didn't give me a new Letter of Authority... I kept telling God, "Help me!! Help me!! I don't know what on Earth I'm supposed to do..."

I took two steps back and spotted my coursemate who was going to the same childcare as me for observations!! We took the same bus, and in the ride, I realised that if she is going and she shows her letter and I dont have mine, I'm going to look a bit bad... or worse, not allowed entry... After the bus ride, we walked and asked her about the letter and she said, "Aw.. I won't show my letter if you aren't. They didn't even check it yesterday." Ah.. Phew.

The observation went normally and I heaved a huge sigh of relief!!! YES finally! Left the childcare feeling content and grateful. Praise the Lord, on the previous day, somehow it was so easy for me to find the bus stop. On the second day, I lost my way!! Throughout the two days, I felt myself doubting that God would make a way for me because it wasn't a huge obstacle that was blocking me. It was my own error and I felt that I had to suffer for the consequence. Yet, God is so good, He showed me that even in my mistakes, He still makes a way for me.

I read the verse in the morning, "Surely the righteous shall give thanks to your name; the upright shall dwell in your presence." Psalm 140:13 I doubted, but I have all reason to give thanks. During that time, I kept asking God which way I should walk, because I was fearful that I would take a wrong step and wanted Him to direct me. It helped me to reflect on how I haven't really done so in the past few weeks. Hoping to draw closer to God and to rely on Him for everything!! 

And the past few days... haven't really done so... no relaxing... asking God for His wisdom in every decision. Received my mum's parcel and letter and she told me she was praying for the same thing... that God will protect me and give me wisdom... Praise the Lord... Got me teary-eyed that someone was interceding for me when I felt so alone...  T_T

That's all! you're all good!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spotify playlist