Korea 2014 Part 1

6:07 AM

Hi!!!!! Ahhh I'm finally blogging about my happy place - Korea!!!! My family and I went to Korea in December 2014. It's already October now haha. Very blessed to have been able to travel with my dear family for 2 whole weeks at a place I've been dreaming of going for ages. Seoul is like a dream come true ~~~ I miss you so much, Seoul!! <3 comment-3--="" nbsp="">

Day 1: Travelling 
 We are at Changi Airport early in the morning! Yay!! Very excited every time I go to the airport :-D
Budget all the way!!!! We took the cheapest route there was. We had to transit flight twice in total. Long arduous journey.
Hehe! Gloria has to bring has bolster everywhere she goes HEHEH EHEHE *poke* *so cute*
Waiting for our next flight in China! Cute brother and sister in matching boots. My mum managed to get a lot of discount for our winter clothing from qo100!
Bringing a sled so we can slide down the snow slopes in the ski resort!!! :)))

So pretty *o*
We arrived at Seoul International Airport around evening and took a bus from the airport to Gangnam! Apparently taxis are really expensive in Korea so taking a bus was the best for us. First meal in Korea!!!! We poked around the alleys near the place we lived in and found this cozy corner! The weather was already -3 degrees when we arrived. So cold!! Btw that is ramen! Yay ^_^
I really love kimchi so much! Couldn't get enough of it even after eating it during lunch and dinner everyday for 2 weeks straight. Kimchi, I miss you!!!! Even though I was trying to control what I ate, I think I still ended gaining weight T_T You can't but eat a lot because it's winter!! *~*~*~*
You can't not try tteokbokki!!! Which is also known as spicy rice cake :P Ah, so yummy! I was expecting to have it in a small bowl, but they gave me an entire plate!!! I couldn't finish it. I want some right now though!!!!
Amazing, happy family *LOVE* The weather in Korea works wonders for my hair!!!! HAHAHA. My hair looks like it was rebonded because it was so straight and tangle-free there! (Even though I didn't even wash my hair much because it's very cold!) It's because the air there is so much less humid!!! The moment I arrived in Singapore my hair become frizzy again -_- T_T Short lived happiness. 2 weeks of good hair days hahaha.
Something amazing in Korea... Hot drinks from Koi?? Hot hazelnut milk tea in that cold weather was heavenly.. It was really good.
We booked our lodging with airbnb so we lived in a room in a condo. The place was very near Gangnam station so it was very convenient for us! I really like Gangnam because it felt so alive all the time, even at night! Really felt like a city area. I really like the train system in Korea! It was so sleek and clean. Kind of like the newer train stations in Singapore. It's pretty quick and convenient to get from place to place using the train in Korea :-) You have to get a T-money to ride on the train! I still keep mine!!!! :-D

Day 2: Lotte World
Going to lotte world!!!! Lotte world is huge!!!!!!! There are two sections in the theme park, one indoor and the other outdoor. Both were pretty huge.

We went to the outdoor theme park first! It was very cold so we only stayed out there for only slightly more than an hour. It was really fun though *hearts* My brother and I played bumper cars at first because it was the only thing that look less cold. Lotte World was very crowded! We sat on this roller coaster called Atlantis, I think. I didn't expect much from it, I thought it was just a random roller coaster, but it was the best roller coaster I've ever been on! So much better than Cyclon in USS and that ride wasn't even a main attraction or anything. So fun!!! We took a long time to queue in the cold though. We keep warming the heat packs and jumping on the spot. The ride was very worth it though :-) :-) :-D
IT SNOWED! This was the first time in my life I touched snow! I was chattering a lot because of the cold. My fingers, nose and mouth were numb. I bought spicy chicken skewers and hot sauce was all over my face. I didn't care though, it was too cold. Anyway! Happy picture with my brother because it was snowing!!!!!!!!!!!!

We spent the rest of the day indoors because it felt too cold outside. Food in the theme parks were not very good in general. Except the chicken skewers. Those were A+!
Must. Get. Ice. Cream!!!! Hahaha I just wanted to be cool and get ice cream even though I was cold. It tasted normal.
Pretty merry go round!!! The indoor part of Lotte World was not that good, unfortunately :/ The queues for the better rides were really long. I actually fell asleep while waiting for one of the boat rides that was not even that fun. And the rides were all kind of meh. Because no roller coasters.
Pretty place :)

Hehe!!! Thankful to be able to travel with family :)))))))) Even though I'm the only one who wants to ride on roller coasters. I love you all!!! HEH

Our really small and cozy room! It was really very tiny and felt quite squashed but there was everything we needed in there! I think the lodging in Korea is usually catered to smaller families? Yep.

Day 3: Insadong
We took the train to Insadong, which is very famous for tourists! I thought it was boring though. Not much to do except the mall, but the things were quite expensive. Anyway, my highlight of the day would be this fabulous cinnamon pancake!!!!!!!! AHHHHH it was so good! We bought it along the roadside and I didn't expect it to be so delicious! The roadside food in Korea is really pretty yummy ^_^

Warm pancake in the cold ~~~ :-)))
It was a very very cold day. I personally didn't find Insadong very interesting. There were just a few small malls and streets of stuff. We ducked into a random alley and found this tiny Korean shop to have lunch.
Korean pancake!!!!!! And spicy tteokbokki on the top right :-) Somehow the food from the little alleys all taste pretty good heh :-D
We continued down Insadong into this mall that was quite popular. It was alright. Not very exciting. On the highest level of the mall, there was this place where people place their love notes or things like that! Quite nice to see so many pink things in one place:-)
We felt too cold to do anything after that. We planned to go shopping at some place, but we all felt too cold!!!! I think I opened all my heat packs, but my hands, nose and cheeks were still numb from the cold :-/ We left and returned early to our temporary room at Gangnam.
We all felt too cold and lazy to go find a dinner place at an alley. We bought Macs instead! Got a McSpicy Shanghai burger. Which is pretty cool. The Macs there is so big! If I remember right, there were like 70+ seats upstairs?? Good cozy ending to a really cold day. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Day 4: Mouth watering pork ribs and Korean War Memorial

Here I will document one of my favorite meals in Korea.... PORK RIBS! I think that's the name. It was so goooooood... We decided turn left instead of right (where we usually turn) that day. Walked around for ages and decided on this Korean shop that looked more cheery and seemed quite popular.
Starting the meal off with my favorite KIMCHI AHHHHHH :'))))))))) *cute sis*
AHHHHH so gooooood... The pork was so tender and the soup was really rich. Yummy meat simmering in the pot!!!
Really enjoyed the soup, noodles and the tender meat! A tiny nanobit of heaven in my mouth!!!!!!!! AHHHH! I'm pretty sure pork rib soup is a pretty popular dish in Korea, you can find it at pretty much every place, I think!
We sat on the wooden floor to eat like a Korean in the Joseon era.Very cool, but became uncomfortable after awhile.
The outside of the place! Jjang!!!!!! Left the store feeling very happy and satisfied and also super full. I think I stuffed myself with so much of the yummy meat and soup and it tasted delicious to the last drop :-)))) Thank God for the really good food I get to enjoy in my life! Beyond blessed!!!!
A picture of a Korean alley in the day!
My Matthew!!! Matthew wanted to go to the war museum because he recently got a new found love for tanks and things to do with the military. History included.
A picture of the tanks! This was supposed to get me interested, because I actually studied the Korean War not long ago, but after awhile all the tanks look exactly the same.
They can't stop posing.
*squish* *squish*
IT'S SNOWING!!!! By the 4th day, we more or less got used to the cold :-)
Mocha in the museum :-) The cafe culture is super strong in Korea! You'll practically see a pretty atas coffee shop like Starbucks or something selling coffee at every train station!! Oh oh! The shopping at the underground train station is pretty good too!!! Can also buy music albums and clothes! I got a b2st one for my cousin and we were given a poster ^.^
Dinnerrr at a mall :-) Kimchi again :-)


It was a pretty okay dinner and we were dead tired for some reason heh.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spotify playlist